Horsforth has lots of local amenities, but it is somewhat quieter than areas closer to the city centre.
However, there is still plenty of choice when it comes to fitness and outdoor activities.
We have put together a list that combines facilities on your doorstep and those within the wider community.
There’s a huge choice of gyms, sports clubs, and parks for you to choose from.
If you’d like to get involved, below are some great ideas to get you started.
- SlimFitLife (ladies-only), Tithe House, Town Street
- Edge Gyms Leeds, Wira Business Park
- W Fitness Horsforth, Unit 9 Park Centre, Station Road
Or, if you’re happy to travel a little further:
- Virgin Active, Cardigan Fields, Kirkstall Road — 4 miles from Horsforth
- David Lloyd Leeds, Tongue Lane, Moortown — 4 miles from Horsforth
- PureGym, Kirkstall Bridge Shopping Park — 3 miles from Horsforth
- Horsforth Golf Club
- Horsforth Cricket Club
- Kin Rin Karate
- Saber Taekwondo Windhill
- Tennis Tots
- Horsforth Tennis Club
- Yarnbury (Horsforth) Rugby Club
If you love a challenge, you might like to train for a triathlon — in which case, you need to head to Boddington Playing Fields which are home to the Brownlee Centre — the UK’s first purpose-built triathlon training site, named after the Brownlee brothers.
- Horsforth Hall Park — features an adventure playground, cricket pitch, bowling green, skatepark, bandstand, and Japanese gardens.
- Rodley Nature Reserve — you'll find current opening times on the website: http://www.rodleynaturereserve.org/explore/plan-your-visit/
- Bramley Fall Park & Woods — features playing fields, a playground, gym equipment, and a horse trail.