The Masons on the Green is well-served by Leeds City Council.
For information on council tax, bin collection, local recycling sites, schools, libraries and health/GPs, you can find all the information you need online at: https://www.leeds.gov.uk/residents/.
As a tenant living in a tight-knit community, we expect you to keep the area around your house looking clean and tidy – which is what you no doubt expect from your neighbours, too.
If you are in any doubt about local services, you can call Leeds City Council or speak to a member of the Pickard Properties team.
As a quick reference point, you may find the following information useful.
For quick reference, there are three types of dustbin – black for general household waste, brown for garden waste, and green for recycling items such as paper, cardboard, metal cans, aerosols, foil and plastics. Click here to check when your refuse collection day is.
Leeds City Council has developed an invaluable app for those with poor memories; simply download the Leeds Bins app to check your bin days on the move and get reminders sent to your phone.
If you wish to report a broken streetlight, you can call 0800 032 5349.
Before reporting, please note that streetlights along certain roads will be switched off between midnight and 4.30am as part of the selective part-night street lighting scheme.
To report a fault, you can use the 'report a lighting fault' form here: https://www.gov.uk/report-problem-street-light/.
There are eight recycling sites in the local area which tend to be quietest before 11am and after 3pm.
If you wish to visit one of these sites, you will need to remember your Leeds Resident Permit to gain entry: https://www.leeds.gov.uk/residents/bins-and-recycling/.
The Masons on the Green is fortunate in being located nearby to a good range of highly sought-after primary and pre-schools, so it’s hardly surprising that the area is in such demand.
These schools include:
- First Steps Nursery at Froebelian—0.5 miles
- Sunnybank Day Nursery—0.4 miles
- Horsforth Newlaithes Primary School — 1.5 miles
- Horsforth Featherbank Primary School — 0.5 miles
- St Margaret's C of E Primary School — 0.4 miles
- Broadgate Primary School — 0.7 miles
- Horsforth School — 0.7 miles
- Froebelian School — 0.7 miles
- St Mary’s Horsforth Catholic Voluntary Academy — 0.8 miles
- Abbey Grange — 1 mile
To enrol your child at a new school, please take a look at the Leeds City Council website here: https://www.leeds.gov.uk/residents/children-families-and-carers/schools-and-learning/.
Universities and Colleges
The Masons on the Green is located 5.3 miles away from the University of Leeds and Leeds Beckett University's City Campus, and only 3.4 miles from Leeds Beckett University’s Headingley Campus.
Even closer are Leeds Trinity University — which is only 1.6 miles away — and Leeds City College at 2.2 miles away.
- Town Garage, Featherbank Lane (0.6 miles) — 0113 258 2756
- Simon Green Motor Engineers, Station Road (1 mile away) — 0113 239 0008
- Wilson Alan, Steads Yard (1 mile) — 0113 258 8930
- Alba Tyres, Unit 5 Lister Hill (0.8 miles) — 0113 281 8881
- Horsforth Towbars, 5 Steads Yard (0.9 miles) — 0113 370 9118
Garage / Fuel Stations
- EG, Broadway — 1 mile
- Shell, Broadway — 1.2 miles
- Horsforth Post Office — 12 Town Street, 0.3 miles
- Cragg Hill Sub Post Office — 77 New Road Side, 0.5 miles
Horsforth Community Hub is the local community centre and library.
- Monday: 8:30 am to 7 pm
- Tuesday: 8:30 am to 5 pm
- Wednesday: 8:30 am to 5 pm
- Thursday: 8:30 am to 5 pm
- Friday: 10am to 5pm
- Saturday: 10am to 4pm
- Sunday: 11 am to 2 pm
- Baby changing facilities
- Disabled access toilet
- Public toilets
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free phone to council departments
- Free computer access with MS Office and internet
- Free scanning facilities
- Study space
Available at this site:
- Readers' group
- Writers' group
- Rhyme time
- IT training sessions
- Summer Reading Challenge
- Holiday activities for children
- Craft club
- MP surgeries
- Local councillor surgeries
- Wide range of books to borrow including large print and talking books
- Free access to eBooks & eMagazines
- Free reservations
- Local bus timetables
- Small gifts, stamps and digital accessories for sale
- General help and information about the local community
- Rooms to hire