Vacancies at Pickard Properties
Pickard are looking for down to earth, driven, friendly, highly motivated and target driven individuals to work within a busy letting team.
IMMEDIATE START AVAILABLE FOR A LETTINGS NEGOTIATOR
Job Title: Lettings Negotiator / Administrator
Reports to: Professional Lettings Manager
Working for a large reputable and award winning Landlord, who own and manage a variety of properties to rent throughout West Yorkshire, this role is primarily based in our busy Headingley Office. Working within a small and dedicated team consisting of other negotiators and coordinators, this is a busy, varied and interesting role which requires the holder of the post to spend a significant amount of time interacting with customers on numerous levels be it face to face; over the phone; email & via various websites / social media platforms.
In addition, on most days, the post holder will be frequently out of the office facilitating property viewings [typically taking up to 30 minutes at a time], therefore the ability to prioritise and organise duties will be essential in order to fulfil the objectives and responsibilities of the role on a day to day basis.
As and when required, use of a company pool car within office hours may be supplied therefore it is essential that the post holder has a full DVLA [clear of endorsements or at the discretion of the company].
A standard week is 37.5 hours working 9am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday with an hour for lunch. As with all property lettings related work you may be called upon from time to time work outside of these hours, including weekends during busy letting seasons and as necessary to facilitate the smooth running of Pickard Properties [Overtime and weekend days are paid via time off in-lieu or paid at an hourly rate – as agreed by the Manager].
Whilst not exhaustive, we expect all our employees to be professional, punctual and display a positive image to all stakeholders at all times, playing an important role within a team environment and have the ability to work independently as the role demands.
Excellent customer service and communication skills, alongside a clear and confident telephone manner are a must as the role demands the post holder to assist front of house having the confidence to handle a variety of enquiries, booking in viewings, taking payments [card or cash] etc. and working as part of a team to ensure that operations run smoothly.
Main responsibilities include [but are not limited to]:
* Facilitate viewings for Professional & ‘seasonal’ Student lettings.
* Primary contact for leads generated via ‘off street walk-ins’ and various websites e.g. Pickards, Unipol, SpareRoom, Easy Roommate etc.
* Accurate maintenance and updating of these websites relating to our online adverts.
* Pro-actively manage viewings / appointments previously undertaken [through follow ups] and pre-booked [strive to achieve 100% attendance] to maximise the conversion of viewings into confirmed tenancy agreements.
* Responsibility of a dedicated ‘House Share’ mobile phone to assist in all of the above.
* Negotiate tenancy agreements in line with the prevailing company policy, procedures and Government Legislation [exercise discretion in these negotiations as delegated by the Manager].
* Assist with writing up contracts, rent breakdowns, talking these through with groups of tenants explaining the T&Cs alongside contractual obligations.
Desired Skills & Attributes / Behaviours
Educated to G.C.S.E level, previous exposure to the letting sector would be beneficial, however not essential. Possibly having already worked [or passion to work in!] in a customer services based role, being able to evidence his/hers communication skills.
It is expected that the post holder will be;
* IT competent with a working knowledge of Excel, Word & Outlook with an ability to adapt to company bespoke computer systems / software.
* High level of numeracy
* Good attention to detail [i.e. spreadsheets, documentation etc.]
Attributes / Behaviours
* Develops and maintains positive working relationships with others
* High customer service ethic – is passionate about meeting customer expectations
* Assists customers and colleagues unprompted
* Strive to acquire knowledge/skills as the business develops
Training will be provided from day one and then ongoing thereafter.
£Salary – depending on experience - full time permanent position
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org