Careers at Pickards
Vacancies at Pickard Properties
Job Title: Lettings Negotiator / Administrator
Reports to: Negotiator Hub/ Lettings Hub Manager
Based at: Headingley Office
You will be working for a large reputable and award-winning property developer and Landlord who has over 50 years’ rental experience, who own and manage a variety of properties to rent throughout West Yorkshire.
We are looking for someone to join our friendly team to work within a small and dedicated team consisting of other negotiators and coordinators. This is usually a very busy, varied and interesting role which requires the holder of the post to spend a significant amount of time interacting with customers on numerous levels be it face to face; over the phone; email & via various websites / social media platforms.
Traditionally, the role of a Lettings Negotiator required the post holder to have been frequently out of the office facilitating property viewings [typically taking up to 30 minutes at a time], however, given the changes we are faced with this year, we envisage changes to our viewings process and are aiming to primarily facilitate property viewings via virtual tours with other supporting information.
Physical property viewings will only be undertaken safely, ensuring that we are Covid compliant protecting our customers and of course our staff.
Having the ability to prioritise and organise other duties will be essential in order to fulfil the objectives and responsibilities of the role on a day to day basis.
As and when required, use of a company pool car within office hours may be supplied therefore it is essential that the post holder has a full DVLA [clear of endorsements or at the discretion of the company].
A standard week is 37.5 hours working 9am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday with an hour for lunch. As with all property lettings related work you may be called upon from time to time work outside of these hours, including weekends during busy letting seasons and as necessary to facilitate the smooth running of Pickard Properties [Overtime and weekend days are paid via time off in-lieu or paid at an hourly rate – as agreed by the Manager].
Whilst not exhaustive, we expect all our employees to be professional, punctual and display a positive image at all times, playing an important role within a team environment and have the ability to work independently as the role demands.
Excellent customer service and communication skills, alongside a clear and confident telephone manner are a must as the role demands the post holder to assist front of house having the confidence to handle a variety of enquiries, booking in viewings, taking payments [card or cash] etc. issuing applications, keeping website portals current and up to date and working as part of a team to ensure that operations run smoothly.
Main responsibilities include [but are not limited to]:
* Primary contact for leads generated via ‘off street walk-ins’ and various websites
* Accurate maintenance and updating of these websites relating to our online adverts.
* Facilitate safe face-to face viewings for ‘seasonal’ Student & Professional lettings.
* Pro-actively manage viewings / appointments previously undertaken [through follow ups] and pre-booked [strive to achieve 100% attendance] to maximise the conversion of viewings into confirmed tenancy agreements.
* Shared responsibility of a dedicated ‘House Share’ mobile phone to assist in all of the above.
* Negotiate tenancy agreements in line with the prevailing company policy, procedures and Government Legislation [exercise discretion in these negotiations as delegated by the Manager].
* Assist with writing up contracts, rent breakdowns, talking these through with groups of tenants explaining the T&Cs alongside contractual obligations.
Desired Skills & Attributes / Behaviours
Educated to G.C.S.E level, previous exposure to the letting sector would be beneficial, however not essential. Possibly having already worked [or passion to work in!] in a customer services based role, being able to evidence his/hers communication skills.
It is expected that the post holder will be;
* IT competent with a working knowledge of Excel, Word & Outlook with an ability to adapt to company bespoke computer systems / software.
* High level of numeracy
* Good attention to detail [i.e. spreadsheets, documentation etc.]
Attributes / Behaviours
* Develops and maintains positive working relationships with others
* High customer service ethic – is passionate about meeting customer expectations
* Assists customers and colleagues unprompted
* Strive to acquire knowledge/skills as the business develops
Training, guidance and support will be provided from day one and then ongoing thereafter.
Temporary 6 month contract with a view to full time position
Full time – Monday to Friday 9-5:30pm.
20 days holiday, plus two duvet days (one every 6 months permitted) plus statutory bank holidays
Please send your interest and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org